Nashville Part II: Thomas Rhett

I know I can't be the only one that appreciates the arts or loves music...all music.  By far, though, my favorite is and has been country music.

I appreciate that the lyrics are stories unfolding with instrumentals behind them.  They convey emotion at every level and they tell a story.  In fact, there are very few country songs that I can think of that don't lay out an event or a time in someone's life.  Song writing in country music seems to go from one generation to the next, which is something that I find very unique.

Thomas Rhett is no exception.  His father, Rhett Akins, is sharing the song writing, singing and performing baton with his kid...and has taught him well!


It's funny, because this kid looks just like his dad!  Cute as can be with a twinkle in his eye.  OK, so enough history.  Let's talk about Thomas Rhett and the amazing accoustic set that he performed at the Chevy party the night before the CMA's!  (Chevy knows how to pick 'em!)


It was just Thomas.  No band.  No backup singers.  He was flying solo on the stage and was A.W.E.S.O.M.E.  There was a great video set up going on at the same time.  You know, in case anyone wants to watch him again.  Which they will...over and over and over again.  He was that good!


Thomas (yes, I'll call him that because when I call him Rhett, I think of his dad.  Not a bad thought, but not the point right now) doesn't even have his first CD out.  He has a handful of songs recorded with a couple working their way up the charts.


How's this for a story?

If I could have a beer with Jesus
Heaven knows I’d sip it nice and slow
I’d try to pick a place that ain’t too crowded
Or gladly go wherever he wants to go.
 
You can bet I’d order up a couple tall ones
Tell the waitress put ‘em on my tab
I’d be sure to let him do the talkin’
Careful when I got the chance to ask.

Think about it!  What would you ask if you could have a beer with Jesus?  Well, that's kind of what the song is about.  Check it out, look it up and just enjoy the music!


Would this be a bad time to mention again what a cutie this kid is?  (He's 22...yes, he's a kid.)  But, a kid with some serious talent.

Let's kick back and just enjoy the view for a minute.


Go ahead.  Stand up and go grab a nice cool drink while we keep looking.



Hmmmmm, one more.  Seriously, I appreciate the arts.  That's the only reason for all these photos.  Really.


Now, in contrast to "If I Could Have a Beer With Jesus", we have the next song that should be on the radio soon.  (And it will be played a lot!)  Uh huh..."Something To Do With My Hands".  There may have been a female or 2 at the concert with a suggestion on what he could do with his hands.


Tsk, tsk, tsk girls.  He's taken.  *sigh*  A 22-year old newlywed.  Oh well, I guess that will give him more wholesome opportunities for lyrics.  Or not.


And, just in case you want to know Thomas Rhett's ideas on what to do with his hands, here you go.

You're welcome.



2 comments:

  1. Not a fan of country music - but what a cute singer!! Great concert shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Celine - not a huge country music fan - but I can appreciate talent regardless of genre and admire kids (er, 22 still counts for sure) who put it out there and work hard at it. Great set of concert pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Leave it maybe!