Owl be seeing you, in all those familiar places...

I know, bad pun. But really, I had to do it!

The baby owls have hatched and are about 4 days old. Mama was so very kind to fly off the nest long enough to let me get a couple of shots. (What a sweetheart, huh?)

I can assure you, she did not go too far away. And, she did not take her eyes off of me...even when I was behind her!


And, if there's any doubt about whether I was being watched getting closer to the babies, Mama brought in Daddy for reinforcements! Here's Dad and Mom (you can see her one eye and top feathers) sitting on the chimney. They kepts calling, "Who, Who" I kept answering, "Me, Me". They didn't swoop down, so I guess that was the answer they wanted to hear!



And now, with no further introduction, the babies! (I've named them Winkin, Blinkin and Nod, in case you were wondering!)


15 comments:

  1. Kim, I'm sitting here oohing and aaahing and cooing at the computer like a complete moron! Love the photo of the mom, but the babies! The owlets! Those adorable bundles of fluff!!! It's a good thing there isn't a tape recorder running in my house or I'd be blackmail fodder.... GREAT shots. More, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! What an awesome experience they are creating for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are amazing! I love owls anyway but the owlets are the cutest bundles of fluff I've ever seen. Amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim these are brilliant shots - I am amazed that you were even able to get remotely close enough to photograph the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww - so adorable!! All fluffy and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pictures! I've been following the Molly the Owl webcam hoping to glimpse her owlets, but your shots are so clear and beautiful, your owlets are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, awesome shots, I'm so jealous you get to see it live!!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those little ones are so adorable! Wow! And I love how protective the parents are being of their babies! They're really giving you the evil eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm oohing and aaahing with Pat!! These are wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing them. What an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing shots! I've never seen owlets before, they are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Momma Owl is absolutely breathtaking! And the baby owls! What a treat! What do the baby owls sound like? Can you hear them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. what cute little babies, your second newborn session lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Kim!! These are AMAZING!! Can't wait to share with the redhead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh they are so cute, love them Kim.

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Leave it maybe!